Saturday, August 25, 2012

"Greta Time"

A new school year is officially underway (and I'm officially a tired teacher!) I love my job, but I've been missing the outdoors and the open road. 

On Thursday (Hubby's day off), I could tell we were both feeling the pressure of everyday stress...we needed some Greta Time. So, we jumped in the bus and went. Keeping with true Rocket Sulphur spirit, we didn't really have a plan. We just needed to feel the fresh air blowing through the windows, 80s music blaring through the speakers, and winding road stretched before us. We made our way south to Canon City and then looped (the long way) back into town. It was a school night, but it didn't matter. We didn't get home until almost 11 PM, but it was worth it. I think my husband felt like a real jerk for keeping me out so late, but it really was just what I needed at the time! (I can sleep when I'm dead, right?!)

I didn't take many pictures, but here are a few:
Posing by the dinosaur in Canon City, CO

Fog after a rain storm

Stopping for gas in the middle of nowhere...in the (almost) middle of the night
 
Centerville, CO




Here's a few more random pictures from this weekend:
I didn't want to walk on the property to get a better look, so this will have to do.
A friend is hiding! 
In front of a thrift store:





It's hard to believe our anniversary is next weekend! We don't have anything specific planned yet, but I'm sure we'll be somewhere on the road...

No comments:

Post a Comment